There’s something my grandmother used to do whenever I’d start dating someone; I would tell her his name and then she would say ‘Oh, what part of town does he live in?’. That was her way of asking if my boyfriend was white. Oh yeah, my grandmother was an out-and-out racist. So I know what prejudice looks like.
whenever i have those brutal searing being-dissolved-from-inside period cramps during school or work i pretend i am a viking warlord who has been stabbed in the abdomen but i killed the assailant so i’m the only one who knows im injured and i have to carry on normally til the end of the battle to keep up my mens morale
this is good
Gonna adopt this method of dealing
This is inspirational.
ive said this before but ariel didnt want legs to be with eric. ariel wanted legs before she ever saw eric. but ariel is smart as hell and saw that jackass had a statue made of him and thought “if im gonna do this im gonna do it right and marry rich” and you would ALL DO THE SAME
idea for dealing with street harassment: always carry fake blood capsules. when someone harasses you, put one in your mouth, break it, smile, and say
"didn’t your mother ever tell you not to speak to strangers?"
"you’ll show a pregnant woman get stabbed in the baby, but you won’t show one innocent little hard dick"
let me just say this there is definitely some shirty stuff going on in the mass effect games regarding the unequal presentation of genders. there just plain is. and it’s unfortunate. default mshep is given a significant amount of preferential treatment to default fshep in a multitude of ways and there’s much to be said about that in terms of critique.
however. if somebody wants their fshep to have makeup on while the reapers are attacking and you wanna critique that, it’s sooooo important that we not play into the rhetoric of ‘feminine = bad/wasteful/weak/pointless/dumb/etc’ especially considering one, that’s not cool, and two, let’s just take a brief peek at some other statistics, shall we?
- the amount of time it MUST take kaidan alenko to do his hair every morning;
- the amount of time james vega has CLEARLY taken on his fucking appearance in general;
- how difficult it MUST be for default john shepard to maintain that perfect buzzcut with the little streaky strip in the top; seriously, that takes time, dedication, and a whole lotta grooming;
- how much time is likely wasted by zaeed massani getting into his highly illogical outfit;
- that the reapers PROBABLY could have been defeated if garrus vakarian spent as much time shooting them as he has spent calibrating;
- okay that was tongue-in-cheek but still;
- commander shepard pauses at the end of the entire galaxy to throw a raver and collect party supplies, male or female;
- so let’s not act as if the makeup is the problem. the makeup isn’t the problem.
- the problem is a lack of default equality, not what a female character chooses or does not choose to put on her face.
scyphoz0a submitted: I just….what?? Because a consenting adult is the same as a pizza.”
I feel bad for homophobes. It must be really hard to go through life thinking pizzas and dogs and chickens and young children are the same thing as a gay adult. It’s an epidemic among their kind. Simeon probably caught an episode of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and wondered why five chicken drumsticks were painting a bathroom peach.
…That said, I would marry a pizza. Satan shoots and scores!SERIOUSLY! Although I tend to think it mostly shows a staggeringly poor view ofstraight marriage: all this gibberish about gay marriage paving the way for marrying children/animals/inanimate objects etc ONLY MAKES SENSE if you are parsing straight marriage as a formally recognised union between a human (which is largely being thought of as a man, afaics) and the thing that human wants to fuck.
If you are parsing straight marriage as a formal declaration of love and commitment between conselting adults with agency, then none of this “o noes bestiality/paedophilia/pizza-shagging!” stuff makes a single jot of sense. There is no segue. For this train of thought to work, you have to be thinking of women as objects men marry, rather than equal partners in the process.
Hey I have a crazy idea, what about instead of men’s rights or women’s rights we just call it all human rights and stop separating them by gender because that’s what caused the problem in the first place
and why don’t we give medicine equally to sick and healthy people??
why don’t we donate food equally to the hungry and the full??
why don’t lifeguards equally help people who are drowning and people who aren’t??