— Complete Deobfuscation of Rose’s Text!!! —
WE DID IT! WE CLEANED IT UP!!!?!
I still can’t believe it. That reddit suggestion for singling out the parts of it that were exactly the text color of Rose within a threshold was good, but I thought they could have done a better job of typing over it, and it turns out you could get a VERY precise account of certain letters whether or not their pixels overlapped with the white in the background! Building on our initial theorywork, I merged every frame of the gif, used some text filters, then got the help of the MSPA Clubhouse Chat to figure out the words that fit without violating the pixels and: BLAM. Two hours later, look at this beautiful, beautiful thing.
Here’s the transcript in text form:
- TT: I believe Jade has officially gone grimbark.
- TT: She seems to be working against us now. She has split us up,
- keeping us quarantined to our own planets.
- TT: I believe she’s functioning at the behest of the Condesce,
- through some form of coercion or mind control.
- TT: This means she’s attempting to finish our session for us
- while keeping us separated and neutralized. ((could be more here))
- TT: But there appears to be a reason for the way she has divided
- and grouped us. She may still have a purpose for us.
- TT: I think however John has managed to elude her. Have you heard from him?
- TG: damn she wasnt kidding
- TG: this is surreal
- TT: Dave, I’m having trouble understanding you.
- TG: yeah i cant understand a word youre saying
(We’re probably going to get the other side of this log in a few days and it’ll all have been for nothing :P )
Thanks to LegendaryQ, whitehelm, Zircean, CyclopsCaveman, and slovenlysine/Brumathan (the latter’s their forum name), and I believe I’ve shown I’ve done enough work myself too. :)
HOW CAN ANYONE THINK ROSE IS A BORING CHARACTER WHEN HER GAME PLAN WAS LITERALLY ‘LET’S FUCK SHIT UP AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS’ ?????
:D oh gosh I rushed near the end because I still have to print this for class
we don’t need words
swiggity swomestuck i miss homestuck
tried something different
If these pale bones could sway
They would march to a funeral song
And pull their milky way across the yard
They would not wish to keep
You tethered to their arms
They would not wish to carry on too far
With no sorrow
Ask no greater pardon
Than the pattern
Time is carving in your skin
I shipped Karkat with everybody
at the same time
This is wonderful
You are wonderful
Oh my god you even included Obama dear lord