no, see, that’s a loaded question. you have already come to me using loaded language and if i try and engage to with this you’ll write me off as washing away character’s bad points or endorsing racism
but ill have a shot anyway real simple cos i haven’t done meta for ages and im meh at it anyway
- ash wasn’t experienced with aliens
- her family had a tough history with turians
- like… they had a war with them that her grandfather was directly involved in and his life was basically ruined by and he was broken?
- her family’s career was ruined by the reputation the first contact war gave them
- not turian’s fault but those kind of things dog you
- and maybe they didn’t handle it super well
- she was young and had never served on a ship let alone with other species
- wrex is a mercenary
- garrus is a hot-headed c-sec officer who doesn’t really see the problem with shooting down a ship over the citadel’s most populated area ‘as long as he gets his guy’
- the normandy is the most advanced ship in the fleet
- literally brand new tech
- top secret
- WREX IS A MERCENARY. WHO DOES ANYTHING FOR CREDS.
- like idk stealing parts maybe?
- and tali is literally like drooling over all the shiny tech (and actually steals some? as hinted at in ME3?? or at least copies their design!)
ok. now we’ve got that out of the way.
- i don’t agree with ash
- i think she grows from her views
- she isn’t frothing at the mouth terra firm and actually works well with aliens
- shooting wrex is perfectly understandable IMO because he was gonna shoot shepard and it’s her LITERAL JOB to not get her commander killed by hostile krogan
- like literally
- not doing anything while your CO is shot in the face will get you demoted
- like hella demoted
- like back to floor scrubber.
- shepard says she notes her concerns but she has to work with aliens and they are our allies now
- ash basically says ‘ok boss! tell me to kiss a turian and ill do it’
- end of discussion on that front?
- in ME3 she is a sworn spectre SPECIFICALLY GUARDING THE COUNCIL?
- and will in fact give her life standing up against shepard to save them???
- she actively tells terra firma to shut the fuck up if you take her to see them in ME1
- tali is like a ‘little sister’ to her
- elcor look like an elephant to me? keepers do look like bugs? salarians do kinda look amphibian? she was new on the citadel and has a brash and in your face attitude. maybe i am also racist for seeing similarities in their biological features? IDK?
- literally nearly every alien on the crew is blatantly racist but ash gets the book thrown at her?
- wrex wants to eat salarians
- he literally kills them? for fun?
- javik hates every species
- garrus throws out very casual racism against krogan several times
- tali basically is ok with killing all geth until she semi makes friends with legion
- actually most of her character development is centred around an age old hate of geth
- mordin thinks it’s OK to LITERALLY sterilize krogan ok. LIKE LITERALLY INDUCE STILLBIRTHS.
- dead baby krogan
- cos all korgan are violent animals right??
- no. bad mordin.
to sum up.
- i personally believe she had a prejudice born from inexperience and family history in me1
- she chats to shepard
- shepard says ‘come on ash blah blah’
- ash gets over it
- she works well with the crew
- doesn’t bring the subject up again
- gets character development
- ash dies defending salarians on virmire in my game. she is shot defending aliens.
- in some games she grows to become a spectre defending the council and can give her life for them
- she staunchly refuses to join cerberus who are a human supremacist group. why?? she thinks they’re dumb and stupid and drastic and dangerous and doesn’t hold racist, human supremacist ideals
- her ideas about the council turning their backs to humanity when they are threatenED?
- EARTH IS BURNING WHILE THE COUNCIL MAKES SHEPARD HELP LITERALLY ALL THEIR WORLDS FIRST
- NEARLY ALL OF THEM
- the turian councillor basically says ‘lol no. help me first. and maybe we might maybe sorta help you sometime.’
- the asari hid crucial intel and didn’t share it with anyone until the last minute!
- they ALL looked after their own interests first before they were FORCED to work together by shepard
- i very much like ashley williams for her brashness, confidence, humour, and toughness
- and very pretty too oooooh
- she makes mistakes
- mistakes she learns and grows from
- she has character development like every other character
- she is in my top five fav mass effect characters
- im sorry if you don’t like her
- like literally i don’t care or mind
- i hate a couple of mass effect characters actually (self admittedly irrationally because of my own views)
- i don’t need to justify it and i don’t need anyone else to justify their like of them
- srsly you can hate her if you want just don’t tag your hate for those who like her thx so much
- i like ash because she is flawed and grows
- that’s basically it
kisses. mrsalenko out.
"Shepard? There is something I want you to know. The Illusive Man ordered my creation years ago. Jeff was the one who allowed me to think for myself. But only now do I feel alive. That is your influence."
Why don’t writers who prefer aggro Garrus just spell his name differently so people know what they’re getting into before reading a fic?
Like how they spell it “Kaiden” so we know they’re going to write him as a massive tool.
i humbly submit GARRASS for consideration.
Buff Femshep Tank Top Mod (Source Files for manual install)
Tank top with Alliance fatigue pants to go along with the buff body mod. Replaces the intro outfit, and includes a dirty transition. Comes in two colors/varieties of TPF: black N7, and dark blue Spectre. The .PCC has already been modified, so no other installation is necessary to display a consistent build. However, a MOD file is included, and the UPK is available with the manual install. Requires Texmod and ME3 Explorer.
(As this was created specifically to match my body mod, I recommend this great mod by kurauamami for leaner Femsheps with the base game body.)
"Oh no, I ship it." — Me as Shepard casually hefts a slab of Canadian beefcake over her shoulder like it aint no thang.
just think about shepard after the lazarus project responding to people’s shock and ‘you’re alive??’ questions by saying, with a completely straight face, ‘yes. i took the time off because of my baby. would you like to see my baby?’ then whipping out a wallet with a picture of grunt inside
'isn't he cute? everybody says he has my eyes'
Afterword - Miranda and Jack
More Mass Effect lady redesigns! I didn’t have as clear an idea for what I wanted to do with Jack as I did with Miranda, but I knew I wanted to get rid of the belt bra. However I feel like Jack would definitely want to show off her tattoos so it was important not to cover them up entirely. Also gave her a fab jacket she probably looted off someone.
I think I’m going to redraw Ashley next.